ACADEMIC QUALIFICATION & AWARDS
• Completed MBBS from MKCG medical college with honours in Physiology & Biochemistry in 1975.
• Did DOMS at BJ Medical College Pune in 1982 from Pune University.
• Completed MS in Ophthalmology from Berhampur University at MKCG Medical College, Berhampur in 1984.
• Undergone Vitreo-retinal fellowship from Retina Foundation, Ahmedabad under the guidance of Dr. PN Nagpal in 1987.
• Selected for a fellowship by Institution of clinical Ophthalmology at Kiryu, Japan under Prof Akira Mumose from April 1990 to July 1990.
• Undergone 11/2 month fellowship training at Karlasure, Germany in 1996 in Phacoemulsification.
• Received five gold medals from Berhampur University in 1975.
• Worked for few years in ordnance factory, Kirkee, Pune in 1978, before joining the Department of Ophthalmology, MKCG Medical College, Berhampur.
• Worked in the MKCG Medical College, Berhampur as :-
Asst Surgeon:- 30th Oct 1984 – 7th Sept 1986
Lecturer:- 8th Sept 1986 – 11th Nov 1998
Asst Professor:- 12th Nov 1998 – 3rd July 2007
Asso. Professor:- 4th July 2007 – 3rd July 2012
Professor & Head of the Department:- 04th July 2012 – 31st Aug 2018
Now Ex-professor of the MKCG Medical College.
• Had 36 years of teaching experience for undergraduates, Post graduates, Nursing students and ophthalmic assistants.
• Participated in the eye camp in various districts of Odisha since last 30 years.
• Performed more than 400 eye transplantation in MKCG Medical College, Berhampur.
• Organised public awareness programme in Diabetic retinopathy, Glaucoma, Eye Donation programme.
• Given radio talks and participated in T.V talks on various social programmes.
• As an active worker of Community Ophthalmologist worked, for the prevention of blindness in rural and hilly areas of State of Odisha.
• Established Ruby Eye Hospital in 2013 at Berhampur for the benefit of people of Odisha.
• Published scientific papers in various national and international Journals.
• Presented scientific papers in international conferences held at Singapore, Sydney and Malaysia.
• Participated in almost all the annual conferences of All India Ophthalmological society from 1980 as Chair person, moderator.
• Member Managing Committee, AIOS
• Editor of Journal of Orissa State Ophthalmological Society for 2000 to 2005
• Secretary of Orissa Ophthalmological Society for 2006 to 2008.
• President of Orissa State Ophthalmological Society in 2011.
• Past president of ACOIN in 2012.
• At present Chairman Steering committee of ACOIN.
• Member National committee for prevention of diabetic blindness project.
(An IMA AIOS project of AIOS)
• Editor of Eastern India Zonal Ophthalmology congress.
• Participated in the RABB study in the state of Odisha.
• A Son, Dr. Praveen Subudhi, Cornea consultant from Aravind Eye Hospital, Madurai.
Now Consultant at Ruby Eye Hospital, Berhampur.
• A daughter settled down in UK.
• Established Ruby Eye Hospital in 2013 for the benefit of people of Odisha.